Daily Dose of Creativity and Inspiration
Google Hangout is a great new way to communicate with multiple people and directly record your meetings on YouTube.
The Webby Awards hosted a Hangout with creatives from Ogilvy & Mather, Wieden + Kennedy, and Mother New York. In 32 minutes the designers discussed how to revamp your portfolio to impress and standout from the crowd.
A Few Tips Mentioned:
1. It’s better to have a small amount of great portfolio work than a large amount of mediocre.
2. Design your portfolio website to be compatible with mobile.
3. Strive for real world experience in your portfolio.
4. Grab the viewer’s attention with an unique edge.
5. What defines yourself? Know what makes you unique and what you are best at.
Thanks to Calle Sjönell, Erik Norin, and Daniel Carlsson for the great advice!